Monday, January 18, 2010

Reading the entire Bible in one year

Around the last week in December, I asked my friend Christy if she would be interested in committing to reading the Bible through in 2010. She agreed to the challenge. I had purchased a Bible several years ago titled The One Year Bible which has each day's reading assignment so it is very easy to follow. I had chosen the New Living Translation because that is the translation I like to read. Christy prefers a different translation but found the listing of which verses to read each day here so that she can follow along. We have enjoyed this assignment as it gives us verses we can share with one another and discuss.

I challenge you to read along with us. I prefer to read my daily Bible readings in the morning as I enjoy my morning cup of coffee while Christy prefers to read in the evening. Which ever time you find in your busy schedules will be worth the effort. The Lord rejoices when we find the time to explore His Word.

As I mentioned in my Welcome blog, I find the Lord speaks to me at times with whispers so faint that I really have to be focused on Him to hear. The time I spend in the mornings in His Word, helps me to focus on what should be the most important thing in my life-my relationship with God.

Now sometimes He has to yell in my ear, but that is another story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment