I tried this recipe a couple of weeks ago while searching for something to make with my apples left over from the FFA sale. I found it on Recipezaar (I love that site) under Recipe #647. Since the apples are on sale at the Piggly Wiggly, I thought I would buy a few and make up another batch. You will need enough apples to make 3 diced cups. I believe it took 5-6 apples the last time I made it.
Awesome Apple Bread
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups apples, diced
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Combine and set aside the oil, eggs, sugar, and vanilla.
2. Sift flour, cinnamon, soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to oil mixture gradually.
3. Add apples and nuts.
4. Bake in 2 regular loaf pans or 3 foil loaf pans for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees.
5. Cool 10 minutes in the pan.
6. Sprinkle with sugar, if desired.
7. Note: The author stated she baked it at 325 degrees for about 70 minutes.
I have the flex pan with eight small loaves which I like to use. I believe I also used one foil loaf pan placed at the end of cookie sheet with the flex pan. I believe I cooked mine on 325 for 70 minutes. After cooling, I wrapped each small loaf in Glad wrap and then in foil and froze. When ready to eat just take out of the freezer the night before or defrost in microwave.