Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Pantry Organization -Before and After



I converted my upstairs linen closet into a stockpiling pantry. As you can see my family really loves Del Monte cut green beans and Bush's baked beans. So I made sure I stocked up when they were on sale. I have been eying those can organizers and recently found some cardboard ones you can order that are not as expensive as the plastic or metal. I used those to organize my canned goods in a way that is better for rotating.

I purchased the smaller size of organizer since my cabinets were not deep enough for the larger one. All of my regular and small size cans would fit. Since I buy the larger cans of baked beans, they would not fit.

My local Wal-Mart has the the Kraft mac & cheese boxes on sale for $2.50 for a 5-pack. With a $1/2 printable coupon, I was able to obtain them for $.40 a box. I purchased the Velveeta shells and cheese at Walgreens last week with the $3 RR when you purchase $10 deal. I ended up with ten boxes for $1.20 each. They are on sale at Wal-Mart for $1.75 right now and I have seen them as low as $1.50 at some stores.

Now I am waiting for the Velveeta block cheese to go on sale with a coupon to go along with my Rotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment